About the Scheme
PLUS is designed for people who work with mobile plant machinery in the utilities, waste and recycling industries.
The PLUS standards recognise the skills required to operate mobile plant and attachments differ from those in a construction environment. The training and assessment is specific to the job role.
Why choose PLUS?
- Training and assessment is held on your site.
- No need to travel to a designated test centre.
- Training and assessment is delivered in a real working environment.
- This minimises off-the-job time for those being trained, reducing travel costs. As the machinery being used is your own, it increases the relevance of the training.
Training is tailored to the individual’s experience.
- The training and assessment is waste and recycling industry specific; created for plant machinery operators in the utilities sector.
- Workers are trained to use the attachments on plant machinery that are applicable to their role.
Built with industry for industry
- PLUS was developed in collaboration with employers within the utilities sector in response to the unique requirements of the waste and recycling industries.
Visibility and transparency
- You can see exactly what training an individual has received by category, capacities and attachments via EUSR. This online register is available 24/7. EUSR supports the recruitment process and reduces duplication of plant training.
- PLUS trainers must have industry knowledge and experience, as well as training delivery and assessment qualifications.
There are currently 13 types of plant in the PLUS scheme:
Counter-Balance Forklift Truck
Forward Tipping Dumper
Please call for more information or to arrange your training. 01845 489393